Air Fried Jalapeño Poppers are naturally low carb, Keto, and THM S!
Jalapeños are at the height of the season in the South from June all the way to the first frost (around November in a lot of areas). The further the season goes the hotter they get though so keep that in mind and be ready to dip these in something yummy like My Best Ranch Dressing Ever to level out the heat and make these sensational little flavor bombs even better!
Jalapeno poppers have to be one of the more photogenic recipes and maybe are posted a lot for that reason alone. But if you’ve eaten many of them at gatherings and such you know that they ARE NOT all created equally and don’t all have the same addictive flavor combinations.
Scroll down for my take on them and why I’m loving them in the air fryer!
How the Air Fryer got me enjoying jalapeño poppers again!
- As much as I LOVE jalapeños poppers I put off making them because they take so long to get to my perfect stage of “done” in the oven and really heat up the house. My husband normally does the grilling, but has no patience with cooking anything but meat (which he is very good at cooking). The air fryer seems to give them a bit more of a grilled flavor and look and takes less than half the time.
- I used to really think the bacon wrapping was a pain but finally figured out that cutting the bacon in half LENGTHWISE lets you get the peppers wrapped and secured easily.
- This recipe uses my “magic cheese” mixture, which is one of my favorite flavors. I use 2 parts highly flavored high quality sharp cheddar OR Monterrey jack cheese to 1 part cream cheese. PLUS a hint of garlic powder that really sets it off.
I know you’ll love these Air Fried Jalapeno Poppers but for those times when you want the popper flavors carried over into other dishes here are a few more from my blog:
And a few from some other bloggers that I think you might enjoy.
Creamy Jalapeno Popper Chicken Thighs ~ Northern Nester
Low Carb Meaty Popper Pockets ~ Oh Sweet Mercy
Watch for affiliate links to products I have used in these recipes when testing them and those which I can fully recommend.
- 10 medium jalapenos, cut in half with stem, seeds and membranes removed
- 10 slices bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or sharp cheddar)
- Mix together cream cheese, garlic powder, and Monterey Jack cheese.*
- Spoon cheese mixture into jalapeños, smoothing flat as possible.*
- Wrap each jalapeño with half (lengthwise) sliced bacon. Secure with toothpicks.*
- Turn on the air fryer set to 300 degrees and check it after 10 minutes or until bacon is done to preference.
- Remove from the air fryer and keep warm. Repeat, until all jalapeños are cooked.
- Serve warm with ranch dressing.
*If you cheeses aren't at room temp just pop the (microwave safe) bowl into the microwave for about 30 seconds.
*Keep the cheese mixture totally separate from the raw bacon while preparing and you'll be able to use any leftover cheese mixture to raw veggie to serve separately. We really like it with celery or cucumbers.
*I like to use the colored wood ones to increase the visibility - they tend to wolf these down.
*Air fryers vary but I left mine in for a total of 20 minutes to get the peppers nice and soft and the bacon so brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 837mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 23g