Buttered Rum Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Heated to boiling and removed from the heat. Quickly whisk in:
- 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet
- OR (*2 tablespoons truvia or 1/2 cup Swerve) *(not tested with these, but that is the conversion amount)
- 1 pinch of salt
- *1/16 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp. rum flavoring (I got mine from Kroger and it has a great flavor)
- Once you’ve whisked this together thoroughly, set it aside. In a small skillet or pan carefully heat:
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter until it is melted
- Continue to heat the butter for just a little longer after it melts and it will start to turn a golden brown, remove it quickly and add this to the glaze.
- (If it gets too brown specks will occur which won’t affect the taste if they aren’t too dark but it won’t be as pretty)
- Pour over the snack cakes, pancakes, or low carb ice cream.
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/buttered-rum-sauce/