As low carb, sugar free cooking comes of age the classics from a bygone era of rich, decadent desserts return and in many ways they are better than ever. This may sound a little presumptuous, but one bite of this low carb, sugar free, Cinnamon Bundt Cake will prove my point, so give it a try soon. A moist and tender sour cream pound cake with a sweet cinnamon filling and a cream cheese glaze that I have loved since my youth; all I can say is welcome home sweetie!
This cake is a snap to make, but apparently the glaze is giving some mama’s the blues so I’ve included trouble-shooting options now!
Calling all Southern THM Foodies to click on this link and check out my latest unofficial FB group: THM Southern Foodies with Nana’s Little Kitchen where we’ll be sharing favorite THM Southern-style recipes both current and from years past plus kitchen tips, how-to videos and more! Hope to see you there soon <3
Get the latest updates from my social sites where I’m sharing recipes, tips, roundups and more every day! Follow me on:
Cinnamon Bundt Sock It To Me Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil a medium sized bundt pan.
For the Cinnamon Filling:
- 3 tablespoons Gentle Sweet OR 1 1/2 tablespoons Truvia
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
Mix together in a small bowl and set aside.
For the cake:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup Gentle Sweet or ( 1/2 cup Pyure)
- 1 cup fat-free free greek yogurt (I use Chobani and 2% will work also)
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- *2 cups THM Baking Blend - measure this scantly, do not pack it down! *See alternatives
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
For the Glaze:
Update: the cream cheese needs to be well melted in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove. If after whisking together all the ingredients it is still not basically smooth have a mini processor or even a little low-speed blender on hand and it will turn very smooth!
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet (OR 1/4 cup powdered Xylitol plus a little THM Stevia or KAL Organic Stevia)
- Soften the butter to room temp.
- Then add in the sweetener and beat, next add in the eggs one at a time beating after each and then add the flavorings. Really beat some air into this cake at this stage, I like to beat this mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add in yogurt to wet mixture
- Now sprinkle the baking blend right on top of the well mixed wet ingredients then sprinkle the baking soda and powder on top of all and mix by hand, just until it is mixed in well.
- Grease a bundt pan very well and pour 2/3 of the batter in the bottom of the pan.
- Next, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar filling all around the top of the cake and finish up with the other 1/3 of the cake batter. Place in the oven to cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a fork in the dampest looking part of the cake and when the fork comes out clean the cake is done.
- Do not overcook!
While the cake is baking make the glaze.
For the Glaze:
- Soften the cream cheese well and then blend the cheese and melted butter together well (if the cream cheese doesn't want to mix just keep at it or it will taste good but the glaze won't be pretty if there are white specks in it).
- Then continue adding ingredients until they are well mixed and a glaze, rather than icing consistency.
- *If you're out of THM Baking Blend I suggest you order more soon! But till then here's an alternative that you might whip together using ingredients you might already have on hand. Quick Mix is developed by a THM admin and is fuel pull flour.
- **If you're totally gluten and grain intolerant here is a mix that's been developed and I am told it will work in this recipe. http://www.ahomewithpurpose.com/mamasbakingmix/