Country Gravy S E FP
- 1 cup broth fat-freee for fuel pull) heated to just boiling and removed from heat (I used vegetable for this)
- Whisk in while it's still hot!
- 1 tablespoon low fat cream cheese
- Stir till melted and whisk well.
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (I used Tony’s cajun but it has gluten so use your favorite)
- Adjust seasonings because the flavor and spiciness of the sausage and broth will determine what you need.
- Add additional salt and pepper if desired and you can even splash an extra spoonful of cream in if you wish.
- Now while the mixture is still very hot quickly whisk in:
- 1/4 cup THM's Baking Blend I sometimes use an immersion blender or mini processor to make this nice and smooth
- *see notes on subs and for S and E variations
- That’s it! If you need to adjust the thickness go ahead because this stuff is so stable it will not continue to thicken or do anything “complicated” like some of the other binders do.
Notes on E and S variations:
*You can sub oat flour instead of baking blend for E dishes and it's really good (just don't add cream if using in an E setting)
*Add enough cream to use as a white sauce (S) for veggies or cream gravy!
- If it is at all grainy from the cream cheese not incorporating well because it wasn't soft and melty enough put the mixture over into a mini microprocessor or use an immersion blender and it will smooth out quickly.
- * Note the basic recipe for this flavorful, creamy gravy is technically a FP since a serving of this recipe contains:
- 2.25 gms of fat and 2 gms of carbs if prepared without extra cream and regular fat cream cheese. (Since the baking blend is a fuel pull it contributes almost no fat (way less than a gm.) and only 1 carb)
- *For a nice cream sauce just omit the spice and then add salt and pepper to taste plus any seasoning that you would like (poultry seasoning for example or even a dash of sweetener for sweet cream gravy) and add a generous spoonful or two of heavy whipping cream.
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/country-gravy-s-e-fp/