Five Minute Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce THM-S, Low Carb
This one is made of Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice! It blends the convenience and intense flavor of Brooke’s Five Minute Caramel Sauce with the wonderful fall flavors of Pumpkin Spice seasoning (powdered or extract) for an exciting new combination that you will want to revisit again and again.
And, because it’s low carb and sugar-free, you can! This sauce is a dessert maker, so pour it over your favorite low carb ice cream, or drizzle it over your muffins. The skies the limit for a quick and indescribably delicious taste of pumpkin spice this fall.
THIS is an Updated post. This original sauce was published Sept 17, 2017.
Retain the beautiful caramel sauce color by using (aff link) pumpkin spice flavoring like this one.
Or get a richer color and flavor with traditional (aff link) powdered seasoning.
This wonderful sauce cooks up in a snap and you can store it away in the fridge, but take care when reheating by slowly warming it, if using the microwave think seconds not minutes.
Reheat this one gently and stop the warming process at the thickness you desire. Stir and enjoy a flavor somewhere between caramel apples and pumpkin pie….Oh MY!
Watch for affiliate links to products I have used in these recipes when testing them and those which I can fully recommend.
If you need anything from the Trim Healthy Mama Store it would be a help to me if you could use my link and at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping me keep producing and offering these free recipes.
If you try one of these recipes and wish to share it, I’d love to know about it. Please use the hashtag #nanaslilkitchen on Instagram or tag me on Fb by typing @nanaslittlekitchen in your post or comment over there.
Baking and cooking season alert!
The few minutes you take now to check your seasonings could save you a lot of headache, not to mention heartache, later. If you’re a seasoned baker your seasonings might be rotated regularly but otherwise, check now for the spices that might have been sitting up for months or years and deteriorating in quality. They won’t deliver the punch that you’re expecting and that these recipes were formulated to receive.
Five Minute Pumpkin Spice Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup of butter salted or unsalted
- 1/4 cup of powdered gentle sweet or equivalent)
- 1/2 tsp of blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (I buy this brand and love it)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice powdered seasoning*
- Pinch of mineral salt
- 1/8 tsp.
- xanthan gum ~ optional but helps it turn solid in the fridge and prevents possibility of separating
- (do not use NOW gluccie it continues to thicken - I've only used xanthan)
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl that is large enough to allow this to bubble up and not over.
- Remove from the microwave and add in the sweetener, molasses, and cream. Stir well.
- Microwave on high for 2 mins.
- Remove from the microwave and stir then microwave on high for another 2 mins.
- It will be bubbly and turn a caramel color.
- Stir in the vanilla, pumpkin spice, salt and optional xanthan.
- As it cools it will thicken.
*Updated to add that you can add 1/2 tsp or more Pumpkin Spice Flavoring to retain the beautiful caramel color but the flavor will be a little milder too.