This Fruit Pizza Cookie Wreath may become a new Christmas favorite for us!
That said, re-creating it has been a bit outside my comfort zone because as you’ve probably all noticed I’m not really a foo-foo food decorator type cook. 😀
But I just couldn’t resist a chance to spread just a little Christmas Cheer by turning this already luscious sugar cookie turned sweet pizza crust into a cute little wreath!
As always totally THM friendly and this one is also KETO friendly and good to the last bite. 😀
Every recipe I post has to pass a testing process and I’ve got to say, the idea of this Fruit Pizza Cookie Wreath THM S KETO was at first met with some healthy skepticism.
I think it was because this cookie pizza has been a well-loved treat that they have enjoyed for years at pot lucks and gatherings and they just didn’t think I could pull this particular re-creation off! Sniff… sob… Just so you’ll feel a bit of my pain, here’s the gist of the “potential concerns” that were tossed at me before I could get it served.
Tester #1: “Is this cookie going to be a grainy low carb cookie? I like smooth sugar cookies!”
Me: “No you’ve eaten this cookie before and it wasn’t grainy, and you enjoyed it!”
Tester #2: “I hope that cream cheese topping is as sweet as it’s supposed to be… ”
Me: “Please just try it!”
Testers: “This is REALLY Good, is there enough for seconds?”
I’m sure glad they liked it because they’re definitely going to be seeing this one again soon!
Watch for affiliate links to products I have used in these recipes when testing them and those which I can fully recommend.
This recipe works best with a natural sweetener called Gentle Sweet but be aware of the following when using it:
THM Gentle Sweet is so authentically sugary sweet because it contains xylitol and high-quality stevia.
BUT xylitol is dangerous to pets so if yours have access to your treats be sure and use the Xylitol Free Gentle Sweet (the taste and texture are not quite spot on but still a great product.
If you need anything from the Trim Healthy Mama Store it would be a help to me if you could use my link and at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping me keep producing and offering these free recipes.
If you try one of these recipes and wish to share it, I’d love to know about it. Please use the hashtag #nanaslilkitchen on Instagram or tag me on Fb by typing @nanaslittlekitchen in your post or comment over there.
Don’t forget to:
Undercook this sugar style cookie crust just a little so it stays nice and soft and not crumbly.
Garnish with your favorite low carb fruits and berries.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 egg
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Gentle Sweet or My Sweetener #1 or 2/3 cup Swerve
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup THM oat fiber or Lifesource Oat Fiber**see note
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a nonstick pizza pan with parchment.*
- Place the butter, and cream cheese in a glass mixing bowl in the microwave to thaw very briefly to soften. Or just leave it out at room temp for a few hours prior.
- Cream together with a hand or stand mixer. Add egg and sweetener and continue to cream together.
- Remove the mixer bowl and add in flours and xanthan gum then stir in by hand.
- Drop the cookie dough by large spoonfuls in a circle all around the pizza dish but leave a space in the middle so it can be shaped into a wreath space.*
- Press the dough carefully out to the side of the pizza pan and inward toward the center. Continue spreading and pressing until you get the wreath shape you like.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or longer till lightly browned. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.*
- Remove from oven and allow to cool well before attempting to remove from the parchment paper.
This cookie dough wreath will become nice and firm when totally cooled.
- If you did not use the parchment then just take a butter knife and run it around the outside of the pan when the cookie is cooled and then carefully slip the knife into the inside of the wreath circle and run it around the bottom of the pan to loosen the crust.
*THM Oat fiber and Lifesource 500 are the only oat fibers that I can recommend. All the others I've tried have been unacceptable to me.
*I just sprayed an old aluminum (I usually use my cast iron skillet for pizza so the pan is hardly ever used) 12" pizza pan with oil and mine didn't stick but to be on the safe side you can line your pan with parchment. This means you will need to let it cool COMPLETELY before carefully removing it from the pan onto your serving platter.
*I've had more problems in the past with glass pans sticking to crusts like this so take that into consideration.
*The good thing about this dough is it will stay put! However large you make the hole in the middle of this wreath is how big it will be as it won't spread much at all.
*You want it to be brown on the edges and a light sugar cookie color on the top.
- (8 ounce)package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Gentle sweet sweetener or My Sweetener #1 -powdered or 2/3 cup Confectioners Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pinches of salt
- Low carb fruit - berries and kiwi
In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sweetener, vanilla, and salt. Mix until smooth.
Spread the topping over the top of the COOLED cookie crust.
Serve immediately but if you'd like to save it for later refrigerate the crust and cream cheese topping.
Add the fruit just before serving.
Prepare the low carb fruit for decorating the cookie. Make sure fruit is washed, dried, and sliced (if needed).* Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and kiwi are shown
If any of the berries are not as sweet as they should be you can lightly sprinkle them with sweetener and let them set up for a bit the sweetener will melt right in.