Fudge Brownie Protein Batter has got to be my favorite single serve treat of all time! I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before because my favorite part of making brownies has always been the batter, so you might imagine my delight when I happened upon this recipe one day when I was trying to make a little fudge sauce for some vanilla ice cream.
First, I melted my precious Lily’s chocolate chips and sweetener and added a little cream. Then I thought, “Wow, this would be so good with coconut butter,” and it was! But I realized then that I really wanted this to be a little more substantial, so I added some almond flour and tried it but that was not quite right. So I made it again the next day and subbed protein powder and it was just right!
As I mentioned on my FB page ” This is my Valentine goodies inoculation plan! I can make this goodie in two minutes flat and I’m telling you it is totally as good AND satisfying as any brownie batter I’ve ever eaten! You do need Lily’s Sweets chocolate chips on hand though.”
Lily’s chocolate chips are one of my favorite on plan chocolate sources. Here are a few of my favorites from my archives. I started out with Lily’s Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites a couple of Valentines ago. Then I used that same shell for two other recipes Texas Toffee Bars and Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffle Pizza. More recently Tammy came up with the Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Skillet Cake and then there were two quick and easy fudge recipes from the past holiday season. Five Microwave Minute Fudge and Thin Mint Fudge.
I love this fantastic batter so much that I made it several more times over the last few weeks. I didn’t think it post-worthy because it didn’t have quite enough protein powder to be a snack. If I added enough then it was too dry so I switched out the whey protein for collagen protein. Since it takes less of it to make a protein serving than it does for the whey protein powder it worked! So here it is….the perfect single serve Fudge Brownie Protein Batter and I think I love it more everytime I make it and that’s always nice. So here it is….the perfect single serve Fudge Brownie Protein Batter and I think I love it more everytime I make it and that’s always nice. <3
A printable recipe is listed below.
Fudge Brownie Protein Batter
- 1/4 cup Lily's chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (I used refined for less coconut flavor)
- 2 tablespoons half and half or 1 tablespoon cream and 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered Gentle Sweet or NSI 1/2 tablespoon powdered Pyure or Truvia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of mineral salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons collagen protein
- 1 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional) or a few whole pecans (optional)
- Put the first 7 ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute to melt them together.
- Remove immediately and add the protein and whisk thoroughly, add chopped pecans and enjoy right away while it is warm.
- If you wait to enjoy it till later it will firm up into a sliceable protein bar.
If you are enjoying this fudge brownie protein batter as an after S dinner dessert then you may sub in 1 tablespoon of regular on plan whey protein instead of the collagen. The protein powder will thicken the batter up nicely but will not be sufficient protein for a full snack if it is eaten alone. 1 1/2 tablespoon collagen protein makes a full protein serving.