Fudge Brownie Protein Batter
- 1/4 cup Lily's chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (I used refined for less coconut flavor)
- 2 tablespoons half and half or 1 tablespoon cream and 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered Gentle Sweet or NSI 1/2 tablespoon powdered Pyure or Truvia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of mineral salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons collagen protein
- 1 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional) or a few whole pecans (optional)
- Put the first 7 ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute to melt them together.
- Remove immediately and add the protein and whisk thoroughly, add chopped pecans and enjoy right away while it is warm.
- If you wait to enjoy it till later it will firm up into a sliceable protein bar.
If you are enjoying this fudge brownie protein batter as an after S dinner dessert then you may sub in 1 tablespoon of regular on plan whey protein instead of the collagen. The protein powder will thicken the batter up nicely but will not be sufficient protein for a full snack if it is eaten alone. 1 1/2 tablespoon collagen protein makes a full protein serving.
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/fudge-brownie-protein-batter/