Loaded Buffalo Chicken No-Tato Casserole
- 2 medium cauliflower heads (or 1 large) divided and cut up into florets (or sub 20 oz frozen and marinate and bake just like the fresh)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 6 Tbsp. hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced or diced and bite sized
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- A few slices of bacon, crumbled (totally optional because there is so much flavor with out it)
- 3/4 to 1 cup diced green onion (divided 3/4 on chicken mixture under cheese and 1/4 for garnishing)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large 13x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce. Add the cut up cauliflower and stir to coat.
- Carefully scoop the cauliflower into the prepared baking dish, leaving behind as much of the olive oil/hot sauce mixture as possible.
- Bake the cauliflower for approximately 40 minutes; stirring and checking every 10-15 minutes, until browned and fork tender. (Cooking time will vary depending on how the cauliflower is sliced and how much room is in the pan. Roasting veggies don't need to be crowded).
- While the cauli is cooking, add the cut up chicken to the bowl with the left over olive oil/hot sauce mixture and stir to coat. Heat just a little olive oil in a large skillet and brown the chicken in two batches and then combine and cover and cook for a few minutes until it is done.
- Leave in the skillet on a back burner until the cauliflower is finished cooking.
- In a casserole dish layer the cauliflower and top with the chicken. Now scatter 1/2 cup chopped green onions over the casserole and top with cheese. Return this deliciousness back to the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with the rest of the green onions and a dollop of sour cream. I recommend serving with your favorite ranch dressing.
- Here's the link for my very favorite ranch dressing. I call it My Best Ranch Dressing Ever because I like it better now that I've converted it to low carb than I did before!
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/loaded-buffalo-chicken-no-tato-casserole/