Tweaked from one of my all-time favorite sandwiches…
the Low Carb California Flat Bread THM S with Chipotle Ranch!
This one reminds me so much of the original… <3!
This chewy, flavorful, flatbread can be baked as crispy as you’d like…just keep on baking. I like mine chewy so I don’t cook it for as long.
Last week I gave you the Tomato and Spinach Low Carb Panini sandwich using this dough and this is another modification of the Pinterest low carb Bagel Dog Recipe that I’ve tweaked by changing a couple of ingredients to make it more bread-like and lots more flavorful.
So run to your kitchen and whip up this four-ingredient flatbread and pile these sandwich ingredients on top.
That’s what I’ll be doing because this Low Carb California Flat Bread sandwich is a dream come true for this Trim Healthy Mama for life!
This recipe contains one of my favorite products Trim Healthy Mama THM Baking Blend.
I highly recommend that you buy some for now and some for later before they sell out because there is nothing else like it on the market.
If you want to make this dish right away and don’t have the THM baking blend on hand, you should be fine by using Quick Mix that was designed by a THM admin to have the same nutritional profile. Having said all that I buy the baking blend every chance I get and I love it~
For flat bread:
1 1/2 cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 cup THM baking blend
Toppings for California Style Flat Bread for 2
1/2 medium avacado (I doubled this recipe for company and used the whole avacado)
1 grilled skinless boneless chicken breast (or all natural chicken sandwich meat cut up –pictured)
Fresh cilantro for garnish and flavor
Slices of fresh red pepper and/or fresh tomatoes
1/16 teaspoon chipotle powder added to your favorite low carb ranch dressing (the one I used is linked to in the post).
Heat the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese for 30 seconds in the microwave or leave out to reach room temperature. Stir them together and mix well. Add in the baking blend and then mix in the egg until it is a nice lump of dough.
Invert a baking sheet and cover with a piece of parchment and place the dough on top. Place another sheet on top of the dough and roll out to the preferred size. The thicker the dough the chewier it will be and the thinner it is the crispier it will get but it will have to be watched carefully in the oven so it doesn’t become to crisp or burn on the edges. On average 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. You are in total control of this so make it like you like it!
I tweaked My Best Ranch Dressing Ever for this recipe and will be posting it soon with the updates but this recipe contains the chipotle addition for now.
This mixes quickly and is way less trouble than your average muffin in a mug! Heat the cheeses for 30 seconds and quickly stir in the baking blend with a large fork or spoon. Then stir in the egg. EASY!
Now dump the dough out onto parchment paper (hardly any handling is needed in this recipe) cover with another sheet and roll. I like to roll mine out on the back of a baking sheet and then pop it in a 350 degree preheated oven for 10-13 minutes. You control the texture roll it thin and cook longer for crispy or leave it a little thicker and cook less time for a very chewy texture.
I love this stuff and have lots more plans for it in the future. Be sure and check out my Tomato Spinach Panini too!
Low Carb California Flat Bread
For flat bread:
- 1 1/2 cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz. ungrated)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 cup THM baking blend
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Toppings for California Style Flat Bread for 2
- 1/2 medium avacado (I doubled this recipe for company and used the whole avacado)
- 2 small grilled skinless boneless chicken breasts (or all natural chicken sandwich meat cut up --pictured)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish and flavor
- Slices of fresh red pepper and/or fresh tomatoes
- 1/16 teaspoon (or more) per 1/4 cup of chipotle seasoning to your favorite low carb ranch dressing (the one I used is linked to in the post).
- Heat the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese for 30 seconds in the microwave in a medium bowl.
- Transfer to a cool bowl and mix well with a mixer.
- Add in the egg and continue mixing with the hand or stand mixer.
- Then add the baking blend and mix until it is a nice lump of dough.
- Invert a baking sheet and cover with a piece of parchment and place the dough on top.
- Place another sheet on top of the dough and roll out to the preferred size.
- The thicker the dough the chewier it will be. Watch it carefully in the oven so it doesn't burn on the edges.
- On average 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.