Most East Texas cooks have their own idea of a favorite Southern Barbeque Sauce THM S, Low Carb, Low Fat and this is mine! Saucy, spicy and tangy, but mildly sweet this barbecue sauce is now low carb with no added sugar and of course, no flavor sacrifice whatsoever!
If you are comparing it to a store bought bbq sauce this sauce would be closer to Stubb’s than KC Masterpiece.
Use this Southern Barbecue Sauce on beef, chicken or pork for grilling, baking or in the crock pot. This versatile sauce will work for either S, E or FP settings so let’s get cooking! Many thanks to my taste testers; my husband and barbecue buddy Steve and fellow THMer Tammy.
MrsCriddlesKitchen has a sweeter BBQ Sauce that you can also check out here.
Watch for affiliate links to products I have used in these recipes when testing them and those which I can fully recommend.
I’m hoping to get around to compiling a list of recipes that recommend and link over to this bbq sauce like this one:
Smokey Mountain Chicken THM S, Low Carb ~ My Montana Kitchen
Southern Barbeque Sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon worstershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. mineralized sea salt (I use Celtic or Real Salt)
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tblsp. Gentle Sweet (or more) or 1/2 tablespoon truvia or Pyure
- 1/4 tsp. molasses
The following additions were suggested by my taste testers - Thanks Steve and Tammy! They
- weren't part of the original recipe but I think they are great additions!
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper OR 1 dash tobasco sauce (optional)
- Liquid smoke to taste (optional if you don't have it handy but very good!)
Stir it together and you're done! Stores very well in the fridge. Enjoy on beef, chicken or pork whether you grill, bake or cook them in a crockpot.