Cinnamon Apple Cheesecakes
Apples - for a rich dessert- Serves 4
- 2 granny smith apples (medium sized) cut in half
Apples - for E snack or dessert:
- 4 Granny Smith apples (medium sized) the the top cut off and cored
Cinnamon/Sweetener for apples - Serves 4
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon/sweetener mixture (1 part cinnamon to 2 parts Gentle Sweet) -or other- to taste - (divided)
- 4 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Gentle Sweet (or other on plan sweetener to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the rich apple cheesecake E dessert:
- Slice each apple in half and remove the core, then sprinkle with a total of 1 tablespoon cinnamon/sweetener mixture divided among the 4 apples halves .
For an E snack or dessert:
- Slice off the tops of each apple and core then sprinkle all with 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon/sweetener mixture
- Reserve the 1/2 tablespoon from the original 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon/sweetener to sprinkle over the top of the cream cheese topping once the apples are stuffed. (This is pretty and flavorful but can get a burnt look on top if you sprinkle on too much because they do have to bake a while). You could also sprinkle it on after they are out of the oven but still warm enough to melt in.
- Put the cream cheese in a glass bowl and allow to soften or place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Blend the cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- Fill the apples evenly with the cream cheese mixture and place in small bowls and put them into a casserole dish with an inch or two of water. *If you just don't have the small bowls (as pictured) to do this they might also fit in rounded coffee cups - see note in post**
- Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon/sweetener mixture from above onto the tops of the cream cheese filled apples.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 35 minutes and test the apple part for fork tenderness. Mine were done in 40 minutes oven times vary.
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/low-fat-cinnamon-apple-cheesecakes/