The “cream cheese” filling in this Low Fat Orange Cranberry Cheesecake Parfait THM FP is the SECRET SAUCE for this recipe.
It is a mixture that I have been making with low fat/slow-carb treats for a while now. Plain 0% yogurt alone, can be a bit too tart and bland for these low-fat fruits but when a very low-fat cream cheese product is added to the mix you really get a legit tasting cheesecake flavor in a low carb setting!
Add to the cream cheesy flavor of the mixture an orange spiced cranberry sauce and you have a nourishing treat that is hard to beat in a THM FP or any other setting.
Watch for affiliate links to products I have used in these recipes when testing them and those which I can fully recommend.
This recipe works best with a natural sweetener called Gentle Sweet but be aware of the following when using it:
THM Gentle Sweet is so authentically sugary sweet because it contains xylitol and high-quality stevia.
BUT xylitol is dangerous to pets so if yours have access to your treats be sure and use the Xylitol Free Gentle Sweet (the taste and texture are not quite spot on but still a great product.
Make it a THM S/Low Carb Treat. Use a higher-fat cream cheese instead of Light Laughing Cow and/or higher fat yogurt for low carb/THM S.
You can change up this Low Fat Orange Cranberry Cheesecake Parfait and make it low carb only with a dollop of whipped cream for a totally decadent superfood dessert or even sprinkle a few chopped nuts on top.
If you need anything from the Trim Healthy Mama Store it would be a help to me if you could use my link and at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping me keep producing and offering these free recipes.
If you try one of these recipes and you’d like to share it, I’d love to know about it. Please use the hashtag #nanaslilkitchen on Instagram or tag me on Fb by typing @nanaslittlekitchen in your post or comment over there.
NOTE: I’m given sweetener options in the notes at the bottom of the post but remember that a high concentration of stevia tastes great with dairy so if you need extra sweetness just add stevia to taste.
- 2 Wedges Light Laughing Cow Cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons Powdered Sweetener (Sweet Blend or Gentle Sweet)*
- 1/4 cup 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 - 2/3 Cup Orange Spiced Cranberry Sauce
- Mash and mix the laughing cow cheese together with the sweetener until it's smooth and creamy. Stir the yogurt in.
- Remove the 1/4 - 1/2 cup cranberry sauce (depends on how cream cheesy you'd like it, I used 1/2 cup) from the batch and get the glass and assemble the parfait as follows:
- Add a couple of tablespoons of cranberry sauce to the bottom of the jar followed by half the cheesecake base then repeat with 4 T cranberry and the rest of the cheesecake ending with the cranberry sauce.
- A small squirt of fat-free whipped cream is allowed on this but it's not needed at all to be a rich, creamy, satisfying low fat/low carb treat!
See notes below if you want to add in some fat and make it a THM S.
Alternative Sweeteners = *2 tablespoon powdered xylitol or Swerve 1/2 tablespoon powdered Pyure
If you have the Super Sweet or Sweet Blend just use half the amount of gentle sweet.
Alternative fuels = Use a higher fat cream cheese instead of Light Laughing Cow and/or higher fat yogurt for low carb/THM S. You can top this with a dollop of whipped cream for a totally decadent super food dessert. OR even sprinkle a few chopped nuts on top.