Cucumbers and Tomatoes and Olives, Oh My!
I just gotta say I <3 this mouth-watering Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Salad so much!
Admins have approved this dish as a Light S if you only use half the olives called for in the recipe.
Personally I would use more cucumber if you do that but it will still be super filling.
So if you’re looking to “lighten up” your regular THM S and low carb meals by adding more healthy fats this salad will really do the trick and it is so satisfying!
The quick and easy dressing is a snap to put together and it is so very light, tangy and delicious.
I try to keep the ingredients on hand to throw this salad together these days for a cool refreshing summer lunch or supper.
You can place the salad in the fridge to chill and marinate before serving, this will enhance the flavors, but is not required.
The traditional red wine vinegar is so good in it but apple cider vinegar is also really good too so whichever you have will work. It’s just a matter of personal taste preference but the ACV is a little less on the carbs.
This tangy, Mediterranean salad dressing is one of my new favorites. Here are some of my other tasty on plan dressings:
This Low Carb Ranch Dressing is one of the most popular recipes on my blog.
The Thousand Island Dressing is a ringer for your favorite salad bar TI dressing but mine is sugar-free! (Update this one soon to make prep even easier).
Love this Low Carb Creamy Italian Dressing!
Try this warm and wonderful Chipotle Ranch Dressing too.
Love a fresh Italian fresh tomato dressing? This Zesty Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing will hit the spot.
Watch for affiliate links to products I have used in these recipes when testing them and those which I can fully recommend.
If you need anything from the Trim Healthy Mama Store it would be a help to me if you could use my link and at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping me keep producing and offering these free recipes.
IF YOU TRY ONE OF THESE RECIPES, PLEASE USE THE HASHTAG #NANASLILKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM or tag me on Fb by typing @nanaslittlekitchen in your post or a comment over there FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED!
- For the Salad:
- 1 Medium cucumber chopped
- ½ Green bell pepper chopped
- ½ Yellow bell pepper chopped
- ½ c Chopped tomatoes
- ½ c Green olives* (1/4 c for LS)
- ½ c Black olives* (1/4 c for LS)
- 2 oz Crumbled feta cheese
- 8 oz Precooked low fat grilled chicken strips
- For the Dressing:
- 2 T Olive oil
- ¼ c Apple Cider Vinegar or *Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Fresh chopped basil
- 2 tbsp Fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- Toss to combine them well.
- We used fully cooked grilled chicken strips, but you could substitute for a pre-cooked grilled or rotisserie chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Whisk to mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the salad ingredients, and toss to combine.
* Use only 1/4 cup black olives and green olives to qualify this dish as a Light S for THM Fuel Cycles and generally lighter low carb meals.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 529