When I first learned about Plumping Cranberries THM-FP, Low carb/Low fat it was a game-changer for me.
Cranberries in their natural state are fairly unappealing in my opinion but plump and sweet they’re like…real fruit.
Updating this post from Nov. 16, 2015, after moving it over from my old blog in 2014.
Why not bring out the best in cranberries this season? This nutritional powerhouse is just waiting for us to unleash the beauty and flavor of its true nature. Let’s face it, the lowly cranberry is a fairly despised fruit.
The following recipes work best with a natural sweetener called Gentle Sweet but be aware of the following when using it:
THM Gentle Sweet is so authentically sugary sweet because it contains xylitol and high-quality stevia.
BUT xylitol is dangerous to pets so if yours have access to your treats be sure and use the Xylitol Free Gentle Sweet (the taste and texture are not quite spot on but still a great product.
If you’re missing a nice, tangy-sweet cranberry sauce you could try this one Sugar-Free Spiced Cranberry Sauce. This cranberry sauce isn’t just for the Thanksgiving table either, as you’ll soon find.
- Plumbing Cranberries
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of whole fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Gentle Sweet in the water to soak
- 3 tablespoons Gentle Sweet (or 1 1/2 tablespoon Truvia) to sprinkle on and let absorb once the water is drained off the berries
- Heat the water and berries till you hear the first 2 or 3 pop.
- Remove from heat and cover for 15-30 minutes.
- Stir around in the juice and remove with a slotted spoon, then sprinkle with a little extra sweet blend or just erythritol or xylitol.
- These make a great topping, still somewhat tart, but with a little, sweet, juiciness added to the fruity flare too.
- Gorgeous in cookies because you can leave them whole without anyone getting any too-tart surprises!
If you need anything from the Trim Healthy Mama Store it would be a help to me if you could use my link and at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping me keep producing and offering these free recipes.