Simple Green Bean Side Dish
- 2 can cut green beans, drained (I used the regular kind not the salt free)
- 1 can rotel tomatoes (this will be spicy so cut back to mild rotel if necessary, but the amount of tomatoes needs to remain for flavor)
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- Drain the beans and put them into a skillet and add the UNdrained rotel tomatoes and the chicken broth.
- Bring this to a full boil and turn the heat down to medium low and put a tight fitting lid on the skillet.
- Set the timer for 10 minutes and remove the lid and stir the beans. I usually replace the lid and leave them simmering for another 5 minutes at least or until they reach the desired tenderness.
- Then remove the lid and turn the heat up and continue cooking at a higher temperature until most of the liquid and flavor is cooked into the beans.
- This serves 6 as a side dish with approx. 4 carbs per serving and negligible fat.
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/simple-green-bean-side-dish/