I’m calling these my Sugar Free Chocolate Candy Assortment and they taste anything but sugar-free and are out just in time for Valentines! I’m not dark chocolates biggest fan so I lighten up all my chocolate recipes and although this one is dairy free it is no exception. In this case I used extra cocoa butter to take the edge off the dark flavor of Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips and of course added a little extra sweetener.
This recipe is not just something I’ve put together on the spur of the moment. I’ve been working with this chocolate for two years and I can truly say this is as close to an at-home-chocolate bar as I’ve come. Input from different testers has helped make it what it is today and I’m very grateful for everyone’s ideas.
Get the latest updates from my social sites where I’m sharing recipes, tips, roundups and more every day! Follow me on:
Watch for affiliate links to products I have used in these recipes when testing them and those which I can fully recommend.
Two years ago I posted my first recipe; Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites using Lily’s unique sugar-free chocolate chips. I fell in love with this product. These chips contain emulsifiers that allow it to blend in with any ingredients without the problems common when using cocoa or baking chocolate. Plus you get the benefit of a really smooth consistent chocolate experience that is more reliable and convenient than blending your own chocolate concoctions each time.
I usually have two Valentine posts every year but this year I’m trying for 3! My first of the year was the Fudge Brownie Protein Batter and I call it my Valentine Goodie Survival Plan because it mixes together in a flash and is as satisfying as any brownies I’ve ever eaten. I’m hoping that some of these little sweeties will help you celebrate this sweetest of holidays in an on-plan style.
Valentine’s Day is my very favorite holiday because it is a great reason to remember and an excuse to celebrate the best thing in life LOVE!
I met the Love of my life as a young teenager. I did not go looking for Jesus Christ to save me from the consequences of the wrong things that I had done. He came to me and offered me a way out, a freedom from the eternal consequences of those things by trusting Him to take them upon himself and pay for them. I have never felt such relief, such joy, such pure happiness before or since.
I will forever be indebted to Him for the great Love that I found that day and the relationship that I have had the opportunity to enjoy with Him ever since. I have not always taken advantage of that opportunity at all stages of my life but He was always there waiting for me to join Him in the warmth of His presence.
In addition to all this, I have been blessed to have been married to my true love for over 34 years and I can easily say I have never loved him more than I do today! My husband is not 100% on plan with THM, but when I let him try this Sugar-Free Chocolate Candy Assortment and his words were… and I quote: “You got it right!”
Haha, LOVE It!
Sugar Free Chocolate Candy Assortment
- 6 tablespoons Lily's Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoon cocoa butter - for a less dark chocolate taste
- 3 tablespoons high quality refined coconut oil (no flavor)
- *3 tablespoons powdered Gentle Sweet or NSI - powdered Pyure
- 1 dash of high mineral salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the chocolate, coconut oil and cocoa butter together until melted, 1 minute in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Remove from heat source completely and whisk in the powdered sweetener.
- This will yield 3/4 cup chocolate.
- You can pour into a mold as is or add your favorite varieties of flavorings.
- *Gentle Sweet is already powdered but for best results I resift it to make sure it is super fine for this recipe. If you use Pyure be sure and grind and sift it. NSI means No Special Ingredients
- *Please use the Pure PEPPERMINT and ORANGE extracts for this recipe it makes a huge difference these are available in stores.
- *1/16th of a teaspoon is 2 donks or 1/2 of an eighth of a teaspoon
- *Recipe tested with Watkins Imitation Caramel Flavoring from Walmart