I have been making a version of this Sugar Free Cream Cheese Dip THM-S, Keto, for years.
Try it and I think you’ll see why we absolutely love it! It may remind you of the well known marshmallow cream fruit dip, but it was a lot healthier than that one, in my opinion even when it was full of sugar.
I’m updating this favorite Nana’s Little Kitchen original post from back in April of 2016 to now!
My original dip was made by cooking egg yolks, orange juice and sugar into a custard before adding whipped cream for the most delicate creamy dip I have ever tasted.
But sadly, I said good-bye to my strawberry dip when I kissed sugar good-bye for the Trim Healthy Mama diet a couple of years ago, or at least I thought I had… Then a few months into my sugar-free life I discovered that I could recreate it, but make it better because it’s guilt-free now. Yay!
I moved this popular recipe over from my old Blogspot a few years back but it will soon be berry season again I’m updating it again because it’s just that good!
This is such an easy make-ahead recipe and great to keep in a jar in the fridge or to take to a picnic or potluck in berry season.
You’ll find more desserts with this profile below:
Sugar Free Carrot Cake Cookies (filling)
Watch for affiliate links to products I have used in these recipes when testing them and those which I can fully recommend.
If you love fruit dips here are a few more to try:
Nutty Caramel Sauce THM FP (Low Fat and Low Carb)
Cream Cheese Caramel Dip THM S (Low Carb)
This is a simple crowd-pleasing dessert that is as delicious as it is beautiful.
This combo of cream cheese to yogurt is so delicious but for Keto folks who don’t mind the extra fat, sour cream will work in place of the yogurt.
It doesn’t need to set up but will thicken slightly when chilled because of the cream cheese.
Make it ahead for an easy dessert to take to a gathering, serve to family, or for just enjoying whenever you need a quick fruity snack.
This dip is best when the fruit is at its peak of freshness and quality, but if you would like to serve it at other times it will still work. Just slice the (less than sweet) strawberries just before serving, sprinkle with some sweetener and let it sit briefly. It will sweeten right up and still be delish!
If you try one of these recipes and want to share it, I’d love to know about it. Please use the hashtag #nanaslilkitchen on Instagram or tag me on Fb by typing @nanaslittlekitchen in your post or comment over there.
Sugar Free Cream Cheese Dip
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt (0% or 2%)
- 2 tablespoons cream Optional spoonful or two of half and half or water to thin dip
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/ 16 teaspoon pure orange extract - Start with this amount but the strength will probably vary among brands (optional if you don't remember what the original dip tasted like but not optional if you want the same subtle citrus flavor)'
- 4 tablespoons Gentle Sweet or 2 tablespoons Pyure or Truvia type sweetener Or - try 1 tablespoon Super Sweet Blend (GS is my favorite though)
- fresh strawberry halves
- Mix ingredients together and blend together until smooth. If you want it thinner drizzle in extra 1/2 and 1/2 or water till you reach the desired consistency...I have not found that necessary as long as I mix it with my mini processor or immersion blender which will give you a thinner consistency. The additional half and half will give you extra servings and depending on how you serve this dip and which low carb fruit is used you might want to vary the consistency by thinning this dip with the extra liquid. I love it both ways..
- ½ cup sliced strawberries: 5 grams (net) carbohydrate plus
- 1 large (1 3/8 inch in diameter) strawberry: 1 gram (net) carbohydrate
- Serves 2-4