Sugar Free Cream Cheese Dip
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt (0% or 2%)
- 2 tablespoons cream Optional spoonful or two of half and half or water to thin dip
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/ 16 teaspoon pure orange extract - Start with this amount but the strength will probably vary among brands (optional if you don't remember what the original dip tasted like but not optional if you want the same subtle citrus flavor)'
- 4 tablespoons Gentle Sweet or 2 tablespoons Pyure or Truvia type sweetener Or - try 1 tablespoon Super Sweet Blend (GS is my favorite though)
- fresh strawberry halves
- Mix ingredients together and blend together until smooth. If you want it thinner drizzle in extra 1/2 and 1/2 or water till you reach the desired consistency...I have not found that necessary as long as I mix it with my mini processor or immersion blender which will give you a thinner consistency. The additional half and half will give you extra servings and depending on how you serve this dip and which low carb fruit is used you might want to vary the consistency by thinning this dip with the extra liquid. I love it both ways..
- ½ cup sliced strawberries: 5 grams (net) carbohydrate plus
- 1 large (1 3/8 inch in diameter) strawberry: 1 gram (net) carbohydrate
- Serves 2-4
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/sugar-free-cream-cheese-dip/