Sugar Free Mock Chestnut Praline Latte
To make the latte syrup:
- 1 cup hot water - Heat to boiling and remove from heat then whisk in:
- 1/2 cup Gentle Sweet or 1/4 cup Pyure or Truvia
- 1 dash of mineral salt
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum - A binder to make sure the ingredients hold together in storage.
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut flavoring - I used Watkins from Wal-mart or see link avoid McCormicks hazelnut!
- 1/4 teaspoon caramel flavoring - Watkins
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice liquid flavoring - Watkins
- 1/4 (generous) teaspoon molasses (optional but gives a deeper flavor)
After whisking thoroughly, pour this mixture into a tight fitting jar and refrigerate until ready to use but mine has alway been fine if left out for short periods occasionally too.
- Remember for each 8 oz of coffee you need to add up to 1/4 cup of the latte syrup and 1 or 2 tablespoons of cream.
- For extra protein I add in 1 tablespoon collagen protein, mixed in with a frothier.
- Optionally in place of just plain cream you can do a combination of 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk and 2 tablespoons cream to make it milkier.
- Enjoy your guilt free, THM friendly, low carb coffee drink!
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/sugar-free-mock-chestnut-praline-latte/