- 2 cups fresh whole cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup gentle sweet or 1/4 cup truvia
- 2 dashes of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure orange extract or 1 drop of food grade essential oil
- Extra powdered erythritol can be added later, too taste
- Put the first 4 ingredients into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently on low for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the cranberries have popped and the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Press the cranberries with a spoon or masher until all are mashed and mixed together.
- Now add in the orange extract.
- This is a tart sauce, but if you are serving to people who like a sweeter sauce just sprinkle the powdered erythritol onto their share and satisfy both tastes.
I love this sauce on toasted Ezekiel bread with 1 tablespoon low fat cream cheese spread on top of the toast along with a dollop of this sauce.
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/sugar-free-spiced-cranberry-sauce-fp/