This recipe was moved over from my old blogspot blog and was originally a valentine post. The flavors of this Sugar Free Tiramisu Smoothie are reminiscent of the tiramisu dessert handmade by the owner of a little Italian restaurant in our area. For valentines day I always ask to visit and splurge on that wonderful dessert. I created this dessert coffee drink as a reminder of these special trips to this restaurant.
This Sugar Free Tiramisu Smoothie is not only one of my favorite coffee drinks, it is one of my favorite THM Smoothies and that is saying a lot because on the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan we have access to some fantastic smoothie recipes! I wouldn’t trade any of them, but I do love this one, A LOT!
If you like this Sugar-Free Tiramisu Smoothie try my other sugar-free coffee drinks! Other flavors include Mock Cinnamon Dolce, Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup, Peppermint Mocha, Salted Caramel Mocha, Tiramisu Smoothie and the Iced Caramel Macchiato and I rounded them all up a few months ago and when I posted Sugar Free Coffee House Syrups.
Get the latest updates from my social sites where I’m sharing recipes, tips, roundups and more every day! Follow me on: Instagram Pinterest Facebook or connect with me over at my Fb Group; THM Foodies with Nana’s Little Kitchen.
Tiramisu Smoothie (LowCarb, S, FP)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (S) OR 2 tablespoons half and half (FP)
- 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese (I use Daisy Brand 2% for low fat and low carb option)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract **
- 1/4 tsp rum extract **
- 1/4 tsp. orange extract**
- 2 tablespoons Gentle Sweet or 4 teaspoons Truvia or Pyure (or more, make this taste like a dessert to you)
- 1 tiny pinch of salt (when chocolate and stevia are involved I always use salt)
- 1/4 cup strong brewed and cooled coffee (I make it stronger than usual or just add in some instant espresso or good quality instant to get a stronger flavor)
- OR just add 1 tsp espresso powder instead of the coffee for a quick fix 1/2 scoop (2 tablespoons) Pristine Whey Protein or on plan plain protein powder (I love THM's)
Optional 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum 8-12 ice cubes (I don't like icy--just very cold)
- Add all ingredients together in a good blender and blend untill smooth.
- Top with extra whipped cream if desired.
- Garnish with a pinch of extra cinnamon and a little grated dark chocolate.
**Good quality flavorings are essential to this recipe. I used Kroger brand rum flavoring, organic vanilla extract, and Central Market orange extract.