Tiramisu Smoothie (LowCarb, S, FP)
Tiramisu Smoothie (Sugar Free, Low Carb, S)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (S) OR 2 tablespoons half and half (FP)
- 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese (I use Daisy Brand 2% for low fat and low carb option)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract **
- 1/4 tsp rum extract **
- 1/4 tsp. orange extract**
- 2 tablespoons Gentle Sweet or 4 teaspoons Truvia or Pyure (or more, make this taste like a dessert to you)
- 1 tiny pinch of salt (when chocolate and stevia are involved I always use salt)
- 1/4 cup strong brewed and cooled coffee (I make it stronger than usual or just add in some instant espresso or good quality instant to get a stronger flavor)
- OR just add 1 tsp espresso powder instead of the coffee for a quick fix 1/2 scoop (2 tablespoons) Pristine Whey Protein or on plan plain protein powder (I love THM's)
Optional 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum 8-12 ice cubes (I don't like icy--just very cold)
- Add all ingredients together in a good blender and blend untill smooth.
- Top with extra whipped cream if desired.
- Garnish with a pinch of extra cinnamon and a little grated dark chocolate.
**Good quality flavorings are essential to this recipe. I used Kroger brand rum flavoring, organic vanilla extract, and Central Market orange extract.
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/sugar-free-tiramisu-smoothie/