THM Friendly Bisquick Style Baking Mix
- 2 1/4 cups Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend
- 1/4 cup Pristine Whey Protein Powder - or other on plan protein powder
- 2 TBS aluminum free baking powder (I've used Rumsford for years and it works!)
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 Tablespoon Gentle Sweet (or 1/2 TBS Pyure or Truvia)
- 1 tsp THM Mineral Salt or (Celtic sea salt or Real Salt)
- *S Option: 1/2 cup refined coconut oil -I buy Spectrum Refined Coconut Oil at Kroger or Tree of Life at my Natural Grocer
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together until well mixed.
- Cut in the coconut oil; it looks like coarse meal.
- Store in an airtight container I don't refrigerate mine and it keeps as well as baking blend for weeks at a time.
- The mix will be a bit lumpy after it sets up in the fridge due to the coconut oil. I just pull out the amount that I intend to use and whiz it in my handy-dandy little Conair Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor and it's ready to go.
- A fork or blender should also work, but that mini processor has been at home on my counter since the beginning of this diet and it has solved a lot of problems for me.
- *FP Option leave out the coconut oil in the mix and mix it back in @3 tablespoons REFINED coconut oil per 1 cup mix.... This will keep it from clumping and give you more control for future FP recipes developed using this recipe
Recipe by Nana's Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/thm-friendly-bisquick-style-baking-mix/