Finally posting my Three Minute German Chocolate Mug Cake THM S Low Carb that’s super easy and over the top DELISH! I’ve played around with this recipe for months and I’m so excited to share it now! THM S, Low Carb~ This mug cake has the most oven baked and realistic this crumb of any I’ve tried. No trick photography here, it will really recall memories of a traditional German chocolate cake when combined with this frosting!
And in case you’re wondering… Yes, I’m still pinching myself over this one to make sure that I’m not dreaming. When I started out I really didn’t think that it would be possible to make a cake of this quality in just 3 minutes! (My coconut was pre-toasted, I just keep that stuff around all the time now.)
Although I enjoy quick little mug cakes I’ve never considered them to be really on a par with a “real” cake before now, but I certainly do this one! The cake is moist and dense and very chocolate with a great texture and the frosting is out of this world! So please take 3 minutes out of your day and try this cake!
In case you’re as “nutty” about yummy German chocolate desserts as I am here are a couple more from some of my blogging buddies!
This classic German Chocolate Cake is a winner from Mrs. Criddles Kitchen and was the first sugar-free **cake I ever tried.
If you’re looking for a full-sized cake you won’t go wrong with this cake. Love it! And Oh. My. Word. check out the German Chocolate Cookies over at My Montana Kitchen.
Have you tried this full sized Seven Minute Low Carb Condensed Milk?
If you enjoy mug cakes here are a couple of my other popular ones:
Dulce de Leche Spiced Mug Cake uses a single serve microwave Caramel topping.
Chocolate Chip Espresso Mug Cake makes a large cake that can serve two.
Watch for affiliate links to products I have used in these recipes when testing them and those which I can fully recommend.
*This works out the same for me every time in a heavy microwave safe dish, but microwave oven temps do vary so keep an eye on it. To make sure I had it tested with one of my testers and she also found that it thickens nicely in her large microwave oven and continues to thicken. The addition of the coconut and pecans also speed the process for some reason.
*Do not use a small or thin bowl for this since it might bubble over or burn if the bowl isn’t large or thick enough. I used a heavy 12-ounce bowl when I tried to use an 8-ounce ramekin it boiled over. When I tried to use a thinner bowl, it burned.
* This is a very dark rich mug cake but it is perfect for this rich frosting. It makes a very filling snack but if you’re wanting a rich dessert or snack to share just double this frosting (remember to double the size of the bowl too) and make one cake. Then split the cake in half so that it’s only half as tall and top each half with a separate serving of frosting. My husband and I love it this way.
This Sweetener/Cream Combo gets very hot so handle with care.
2-Minute Single Serve Microwave Condensed Milk
Make this frosting first and add the coconut and nuts to make the frosting and let it sit for a minute while you make the mug cake.
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered gentle sweet Or 2 tablespoons powdered Swerve
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted unsweetened coconut flakes or untoasted but toasted is best
- 3 pecan halves broken up or equivalent pieces
Add the cream, sweetener, and salt to a heavy, microwave-safe bowl with plenty of room. Don’t crowd it.* Remember this gets very hot and bubbles in the microwave.
Cook for one minute; remove and stir.
Return and cook for 1 minute and 15 seconds more and it will begin to thicken.
Whisk carefully again and it will really bubble as you stir.
It will thicken more as it sits and once you add the other ingredients.*
If you refrigerate it then it will thicken even more.
Add toasted coconut flakes and pecans then set aside.
Chocolate Mug Cake
Whip this cake up while the frosting is cooking or wait till it's cooling.
- 1 medium egg a large one will be a bit too much for this cake so if all you have is large maybe drain off a bit of egg white
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pinch mineral salt
- 1 tablespoon gentle sweet sweetener or 1/2 tablespoon Pyure or 2 tablespoons swerve
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered cacao or high-quality cocoa like Ghiradelli or Rodelle.
- 2 tsp THM baking blend *see subs in notes
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
Add the egg to an 8-12 oz. ramekin and beat well with a fork.
Mix in the almond milk, salt, sweetener, and vanilla.
Then carefully add the powdered chocolate until moistened and then beat with a fork until the lumps are gone.
Mix in the low carb flour and then sprinkle the baking powder over the top of the batter and mix in.
Cook in the microwave for 50-60 seconds until just done but not dry.
*For baking blend sub you can replace it with 1 part almond flour, 1 part coconut flour, and 1 part ground flax seed
If you need anything from the Trim Healthy Mama Store it would be a help to me if you could use my link and at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping me keep producing and offering these free recipes. 🙂