Kristen’s Versatile Spinach Casserole THM S, Low Carb is one dish that is so protein packed that it can be classified as a meatless main dish, so delicious that it makes a great appetizer spread on low carb crackers and one of my favorite side dishes ever! It makes a large casserole, but reheats so well and tastes so delicious that you will be glad to have it around.
Kristen’s Versatile Spinach Casserole contains seven ingredients (nine with the salt and pepper) that mix in one bowl and it is actually as good, or better the next day than the day it’s baked.
Watch for affiliate links to products I have used in these recipes when testing them and those which I can fully recommend.
Kristen's Versatile Spinach Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6 eggs
- 2 pounds cottage cheese (32 oz container)
- 1 pound (4 cups) grated cheddar (I use the Tillamook sharp cheddar)
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 10oz thawed and drained packages of frozen spinach-DRAIN AND SQUEEZE WELL
- 2 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the eggs and cottage cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat together using a stand or hand mixer.
- Add in the melted butter and then the cheese and mix with a spoon. Add the spinach and mix in well.
- Sprinkle the flour, salt and pepper over all and stir in well.
- Bake in a 13x9" glass pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- This recipe can be cut in half and baked for less time in an 8x8 square glass pan.
*Be sure and get the thawed spinach squeezed out very well!