Kristen’s Versatile Spinach Casserole is one dish that is so protein packed that it can be classified as a meatless main dish, so delicious that it makes a great appetizer spread on low carb crackers and one of my favorite side dishes ever! It makes a large casserole, but reheats so well and tastes so delicious that you will be glad to have it around.
If you need to order supplies I would appreciate it if you would use one of my affiliate links which I have placed in or around this post. Using them helps me keep creating, converting and posting these free recipes at no additional cost to you. Thanks!
Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime
Kristen's Versatile Spinach Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6 eggs
- 2 pounds cottage cheese (32 oz container)
- 1 pound (4 cups) grated cheddar (I use the Tillamook sharp cheddar)
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 10oz thawed and drained packages of frozen spinach-DRAIN AND SQUEEZE WELL
- 2 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the eggs and cottage cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat together using a stand or hand mixer.
- Add in the melted butter and then the cheese and mix with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the flour, salt and pepper over all and stir in well.
- Bake in a 13x9" glass pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- This recipe can be cut in half and baked for less time in an 8x8 square glass pan.
*Be sure and get the thawed spinach squeezed out very well!