I’m so excited to finally be publishing and sharing this one since it has really replaced one of our most beloved recipes. I figured out how to THM it last year but am just getting it posted now, and yes my priorities need adjusting! Sugar Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie is a re-creation of the family classic cherry cream cheese pie and this recipe will work in its place like a charm!
Many people loved the Cream Cheese Pudding that I shared last summer and this is just an addition to that recipe.
If you’re looking for a bit easier strawberry cream cheese combo just whisk up this nice little Sugar Free Cream Cheese Dip it is so nourishing and refreshing.
I’ve moved my fresh strawberry preserve recipe over from my old blog and it’s the sauce that I’m topping this pie with and I’m entitling it Easy Breezy Strawberry Syrup.
The crust for this pie is adapted for this size and type from a favorite recipe that I found years ago and have made ever since by Gourmet Girl Cooks.
Her site is based on another low carb diet type that is a little different, ingredient-wise than ours, but I wanted to mention it. I really appreciate this crust since it holds together very well and adds an unobtrusive flavor that complements the pie, not to mention it mixes right up and spreads into the pie plate easily. This crust must be baked but is definitely worth it!
I’m calling for an 8-inch pie plate or a very shallow 9-inch for this and all my other pies. The volume for these sugar-free recipes is just a little less and the large plates tend to make 9-inch pies look skimpy. I use a family heirloom 8″ Fire King pie plate but I also own a lightweight stainless steel pie plate along the lines of the one I’m linking too and it should work very well too.
This recipe makes a nice thick crust though and would spread into a standard 9-inch if you’d prefer but you will need to increase the filling by an extra 50% if you use a plate of that size.
Calling all Southern THMers to check out the latest unofficial FB group: THM Southern Foodies with Nana’s Little Kitchen where we’ll be sharing favorite sugar-free, gluten-free, Southern-style recipes both current and from years past plus kitchen tips, how-to videos and more! Hope to see you there soon <3
Get the latest updates from my social sites where I’m sharing recipes, tips, roundups and more every day! Follow me on:
For a no-bake crust option use the one from MrsCriddlesKitchen here. I have tried it with this pie and it is delish, it will make a little more than you need for this pie but I had no trouble “disposing” of the extra, it’s a bit of a raw cookie dough flavor.
Sugar-Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Spray 1 (8 inch) pie plate with oil or a very shallow (9 inch) pie plate
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coarsely ground pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon high mineral salt
- 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet or 2 tablespoons Pyure or Truvia or to taste
- 2 tablespoons softened or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon or 1 ounce softened cream cheese
- *1 small egg (2 – 3 tablespoons beaten egg)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Pie Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (use high quality and no imitation flavorings it will be noticeable here)
- 1/2 -3/4 cup Gentle Sweet sweetener or 1/4 cup powdered Truvia or Pyure
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon gelatin – I used Now beef gelatin
Light & Breezy Strawberry Syrup:
- 16 fresh medium strawberries sliced
- Enough water to JUST cover the strawberries
- 1/3 cup gentle sweet or Pyure or Truvia to taste
- 1 tablespoons on plan all fruit strawberry jam (*Optional-for color and texture)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (preserves color and adds flavor)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon xanthan gum – varies according to the amount of water covering the strawberries
For the Cookie Crust:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees:
- Grind the pecans (or other on plan nuts) into a coarse
- Combine the nuts with all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Once it is mixed place the crust in the 8″ or shallow 9″ pie plate.
- Spread to the edges of the plate as shown in the picture. This is an easy process for this crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes and check it to make sure the crust isn’t getting too brown. I was able to bake mine till the edges are done after 22 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
- Cool completely before filling.
For the Cream Cheese Pie Filling:
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature or soften it for 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave so that it will mix smoothly. (Do not use previously frozen cream cheese in this recipe if possible).
- In a large glass bowl mix the softened cream cheese and greek yogurt together then beat in the whipping cream with an immersion blender or mixer till smooth and fluffy. Add the vanilla and sweetener and mix again
- Add the vanilla and sweetener and mix again.
- Heat the lemon juice and water to very hot on the stove and quickly mix in the gelatin and stir with a whisk or fork till totally dissolved.
- Whip the gelatin mixture into the cream cheese mixture and you’re done!
- Spoon into a cooled crust and let it set up for 30 minutes to 1 hour or more! It will continue to firm until it is a thick pie filling texture.
For the Strawberry Syrup:
- Slice strawberries and place in a saucepan and add just enough water to cover.
- Heat this mixture over a medium heat but don’t boil or the texture of the strawberries will get mushy; next add the sweetener, and lemon juice (jam is optional).
- Heat this mixture slowly until it is very hot. This allows the flavor and color to develop well.
- This is a very filling and satisfying pie so 1/8 is a lot.
- Remove from the heat, and separate some of the fruit juice into a separate bowl, sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum carefully over the top, and whisk together until it is thickened. If it is not as thick as you’d like go ahead and add more xanthan gum up to 1 teaspoon.
- Remember it will thicken more as it cools.
- Return the juice, now syrup, to the berries and stir then place in a jar with a tight-fitting lid or a serving container.
- After allowing it to cool you can place in a bowl and spoon over the pie slices.
*I added a tablespoon of on plan strawberry jam to the syrup in the picture to get a better color and texture TOTALLY optional for special occasions… this added 10 grams of carbs to the recipe which is a little over 1 carb per slice.
Recipe by Nana’s Little Kitchen at https://www.nanaslittlekitchen.com/sugar-free-strawberry-cream-cheese-pie/